Possible talking points for handselling or discussion groups.
- Who puts the heroine in a chastity belt and throws away the key? Why did Rowena do that?
- How do you react to the idea of a hero who has taken a vow of chastity? Implausible?
- What do you think of futuristic interpretations of Greek myths (eg of Perseus)
- A married Queen takes a secret quest for a sperm donor into her own hands. At what point (if ever) did you start to sympathize with the Queen?
- How well did the author follow the traditions of a quest story (in the hero's motivation/in the visiting of oracles/in the loaning of companions some of whom help and others hinder, etc) ?
- Which of the "trouble-making" characters do you like the most and why? The least and why?
- Although this is futuristic/fantasy, are there situations and/or characters you can identify with, if so why? in what ways?
- Did you learn something you didn’t know before?
- What role does humor play in the telling of this story, and does it work for you as a reader?
- Was there a turning point where you decided if you loved it or hated it? What helped make this decision?
- If you could change something about the book/writing/story what would it be and why?